Program Director, Utah C-PACE
July 28, 2017
Sustainable Real Estate Solutions is a technology-enabled services company that partners with state and local governments to help them design, launch, and sustain commercial property assessed clean energy (C-PACE) programs. Founded in 2010 by experienced commercial real estate and energy efficiency professionals, SRS has helped facilitate more than $120 million in C-PACE financing nationwide—a level unmatched in the industry.
Like any high-growth tech company, SRS is full of smart, talented, hardworking people. But it’s also an exciting place to work, because we’re pioneering the most innovative advances in energy efficiency/renewable energy nationwide. What’s more, the industry is taking notice, as evidenced by our most recent win: SRS was just competitively selected as the program administrator for Utah’s new statewide C-PACE program. And now we need you to round out our team!
If you have a passion for exceptional service, a love of technology, an engineering mindset, and a desire to work at the forefront of the clean energy movement, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for someone who can provide technical and business development assistance to energy efficiency and renewable energy contractors, commercial building owners, local government, and real estate developers.
Things we expect you to do…
• Conduct outreach to cities and counties to educate them about the economic development and benefits of opting in to a C-PACE program
• Conduct workshops to educate energy efficiency and renewable energy contractors about C-PACE
• Engage with building owners to explain the benefits of C-PACE and help them develop projects
• Use SRS’s proprietary software (we will train you) to:
• Screen projects
• Help contractors quantify a building’s baseline energy use/cost
• Optimize project savings
• Develop project finance reports
• Determine savings-to-investment ratios
• Assist building owners in gaining mortgage holder consent
• Provide project closing support as needed to the capital provider and building owner
• Conduct Cx oversight visits
• Promote C-PACE throughout Utah through events, conferences, and other channels as appropriate
• Other tasks as assigned by the CEO
You Already Know How To…
• Build consensus
• Anticipate project roadblocks
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, environmental science, quantitative analysis, or a related field
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience with energy efficiency improvements, renewable energy systems, and developing comprehensive energy savings projects
What Would Really Impress Us…
• Professional engineering license
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation
• AEE, CEA, or ASHRAE BEAP
• Master’s degree in a related field or demonstrable professional accomplishments
• Experience in facilities energy management, performance contracting, or related energy services
• ASHRAE Level I, II, or III auditing experience
• An understanding of C-PACE financing for energy projects or real estate
• An understanding of building simulation models such as EnergyPlus, eQuest, Trane’s Trace 700, or Carrier’s HAP
• Business development or entrepreneurial experience
The position is expected to involve extensive travel within the state of Utah, and minimal travel (twice per year) to SRS corporate headquarters in Trumbull, Connecticut.
The position reports to the CEO.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter by September 30, 2017 to:
Brian McCarter, CEO
Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Inc.